I will soar from up high with my message

(Part II) Continued from Falcon Opens World of Mystery & Hope

No,” I scream out, waving my arms and telling the bird to go. I run up the hill, but the falcon hardly takes note of my threats, as it glides off the watering devise, in the direction of the small helpless baby chicken, and then swoops upward away from the bush and out of the yard.

The rooster earned his keep that day. Who knows what might have happened had he not set off an alarm to chase the predator away from our domicile.

But, I was wrong. The bird had not come for the chick. I did not know this until days later, when I received the fourth visit from this magnificent flyer. He came for me! He had flown back to my yard and patiently waited on a decorative log on the top of our rock garden looking directly at me through the small back window just 12 feet away.

How long had he been staring, his steely eyes contemplating me, I’ll never know. But when I looked up from the kitchen sink, I knew one thing. The falcon was a messenger. And it was up to me to figure out the message.

I started to research the Native American symbol of the bird. One source said the falcon animal totem comes to us when we need a higher vision, or to solve a problem of highest importance in one’s life.

Falcons have symbolized many characteristics throughout history. They include superiority, spirit and light, as well as prophecy, aspiration , intensity and freedom, according to Avia Venefica, creator of www.Whats-Your-Sign.com.

At its core, said Venefica, the falcon animal totem represents “visionary power,” as well as  wisdom, and guardianship. The bird is said to “awaken visionary power,” and lead one to their life purpose. The bird carries with it a message of transition and change, she noted on her website. (See Symbolic Meanings by Avia Venefica.)

So, what message am I to look for? It can only be one of a spiritual nature. I feel my consciousness has been raised through daily meditation and exposure to Buddhist dharma as well as Sufi poetry and dozens of God-fearing . . . no, scratch that. “God-loving” writers here on the Internet who pour their hearts out about themselves, their loves and their hurts, while joyously sharing the small victories over their adversities and everyday problems.

I have taken in so much the past few months and I feel like I am walking to the edge of a diving board. A high diving board. I am about to place all of my weight on my legs and then push-off from the board . . . and fly.

To where, I don’t know. I think it’ll be a higher plane, perhaps one I have long aspired toward, but was too afraid to let my Self go. But I will Soar . . . just like that falcon.

Please make sure the window by the computer is wide open for my grand entrance. And  .  .  .

Look

out

below!

9 comments on “I will soar from up high with my message

1. Michael J, finally got to find out what happened–like Nancy, I was relieved that there was no predation there that day, (though dear falcon has to eat too….this world of conditioned being never allows me sentimentality about the reality of suffering…nor does it let rest my long-term aspiration that all beings are finally freed from the cycle of eating and being eaten)….but, I digress….the main thing is, WOW, what a wonderful turn of events, and what powerful, wonderful writing!

I don’t feel I can add much to the other appreciate comments here, but I just wanted to say I found your post very inspiring and deeply moving. Keep ’em coming, Michael J! Maybe you already took the leap and now you’re starting to notice your fellow birds! 🙂 🙂

With affection,
    Steve

2. saradode says:

Just wondering why my comment just got re-posted. I swear I didn’t do it!

Nancy

*Tinkering, always tinkering.*

You would think I could simply “*let it go*,” but the old “printer,” as in offset printing, got to me and I wanted to “*remake*” the page. It’s the journalist in me. Or the Feng Shui class I took.

I moved your comment to a section below. I thought it would look nice that way.

Guess I am always looking for balance in my life.

*michael j*

3. Snædís says:

Thank you for sharing this poetic and deep experience with us Micheal.

It feels as if so many are standing at the edge of their own diving board, ready to jump into the unknown.

I often think that we humans are each others greatest encouragement and when one human dares to make that leap, it gives strength to countless others…

Shine On!

Snædís

4. saradode says:

It can’t be a “coincidence” (no such thing, I’m coming to understand!). I just read your “patience” post a couple of minutes ago, and I was going to comment that that’s a word I’ve been “hearing” (actually, I’ve been being told not to be “la’ah”–Hebrew for impatient) a LOT in the past couple of weeks. Then I felt kind of silly about saying it, so I didn’t comment. But sheesh…It’s been happening SO much lately, and it has occurred to me that maybe there’s a reason!

Nancy

5. saradode says:

PHEW! I was afraid to read Part II because I thought it might not end well for the chick, but I actually did trust you not to freak me out like that.

So strange–Steve Goodheart and I have noticed the “syncrhonicities” in our posts–I don’t know if you saw it, but I wrote about owls (my own totem, it seems), Steve wrote about swans, pelicans, and geese, and you wrote about your falcon on the same day. There HAS to be something to that!

I don’t know what it is about birds, but they really do know things, and really seem to show up as messengers. I’m glad you recognized what was happening. Keep an open mind (I know that I can trust you on that one), be patient, and let us know where your falcon leads you.

Nancy

Nancy: ” . . . be* patient*, and let us know where your falcon leads you . . .”

Talk about synchronicity, how did you know I was going to choose *”Patience*” as my next post?

Strange, yet “*glorious*” vibes seem to be pulsating from our *small circle* on this ‘Net. Or is that just a *coincidence*?

*michael j

• saradode says:

It can’t be a “coincidence” (no such thing, I’m coming to understand!). I just read your “patience” post a couple of minutes ago, and I was going to comment that that’s a word I’ve been “hearing” (actually, I’ve been being told not to be “la’ah“–Hebrew for impatient) a LOT in the past couple of weeks. Then I felt kind of silly about saying it, so I didn’t comment. But sheesh…It’s been happening SO much lately, and it has occurred to me that maybe there’s a reason!

Nancy

Nancy,

Boy, I want to jump right on this . . . but, I guess we should simply let this flow and be “*patient*.”

It is so hard.

Let me meditate and see where this *”tingling*” sensation may be taking us.

michael j